- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 29
- Fat Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Curried fishcake bites
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, trimmed
- cod-loin - 400g skinless cod loin, cubed
- coriander - 1/4 pack fresh coriander
- egg - 1 large egg
- madras-curry-powder - 2 tsp Madras curry powder
- lemon-juice - 1 tsp lemon juice
- cornflour - 1 tbsp cornflour
- almonds - 1 tbsp ground almonds
- rapeseed-oil - rapeseed oil, for frying
- mango - 12 chunks fresh ripe mango
- cucumber - 3 thick slices of cucumber, quartered
- cherry-tomato - 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- coriander-leaves - 12 fresh coriander leaves
- cocktail-sticks - 24 cocktail sticks
- Tip the spring onions into afood processorand pulse briefly to chop. Add all the remaining fishcake ingredients, except for the oil, and blitz to a paste. Shape into 24 mini cakes.
- Heat a drizzle of the oil in a largenon-stick frying pan. Fry half the fishcakes for 1-2 mins each side until firm and golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the other fishcakes. Will keep in the fridge for up to two days.
- To serve, thread the mango and cucumber onto 12 cocktail sticks, then the cherry tomato and a coriander leaf on the remaining sticks. Warm the fishcakes, if you like, at 180C/ 160C fan/gas 4 for 10 mins. Spear the mango version into the side of the fishcakes, then spear the cherry tomato version through the top of the remaining fishcakes.
Low-carb snack recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has spring onion, cod loin, coriander, egg, madras curry powder, lemon juice, cornflour, almonds, rapeseed oil, mango, cucumber, cherry tomato, coriander leaves and cocktail sticks.