- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 178
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Curried squash, lentil & coconut soup
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- butternut-squash - 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- carrot - 200g carrot, diced
- curry-powder - 1 tbsp curry powder containing turmeric
- red-lentil - 100g red lentil
- vegetable-stock - 700ml low-sodium vegetable stock
- coconut-milk - 1 can reduced-fat coconut milk
- naan-bread - coriander and naan bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the squash and carrots, sizzle for 1 min, then stir in the curry powder and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the lentils, the vegetable stock and coconut milk and give everything a good stir. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15-18 mins until everything is tender.
- Using a hand blender or in a food processor, blitz until as smooth as you like. Season and serve scattered with roughly chopped coriander and some naan bread alongside.
Dairy-free lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, butternut squash, carrot, curry powder, red lentil, vegetable stock, coconut milk and naan bread.