- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 220
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.24g
- butter - 175g softened butter
- golden-caster-sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- icing-sugar - 50g icing sugar
- egg-yolk - 2 egg yolks
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- plain-flour - 300g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- butter - 100g softened butter
- icing-sugar - 140g icing sugar, sifted, plus a little extra
- custard - 2 tbsp custard powder
- food-colouring - few drops yellow food colouring, if you have any
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the butter, sugars, egg yolks and vanilla with a wooden spoon until creamy, then mix in the flour in 2 batches. Roll out thinly on a floured surface, then use a standard 30cm ruler as a template to cut the dough into small, even squares. Do this by starting with the ruler flush with one side and cutting along the length of it. Repeat across the width of the dough, then do the same from the top down. Transfer to baking sheets and bake for 8-10 mins until golden.
- While the biscuits cool, mix the butter, icing sugar, custard powder and food colouring, if you have any. Pipe or spread a little icing onto a biscuit, then sandwich with 1 or 2 more biscuits. Repeat until all the biscuits are used, then dust with a little more icing sugar.
Retro party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, icing sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract, plain flour, butter, icing sugar, custard and food colouring.