- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 492
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 17g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 38g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.32g
Dad’s chocolate drop cakes
- natural-yogurt - 150g pot natural yogurt
- egg - 3 eggs, beaten
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- golden-caster-sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- self-raising-flour - 140g self-raising flour (swap 1 tbsp of flour for cocoa powder)
- ground-almond - 100g ground almond
- unsalted-butter - 175g unsalted butter, melted
- chocolate - 100g chocolate (milk or dark)
- unsalted-butter - 140g unsalted butter
- icing-sugar - 140g icing sugar
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases and heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. In a jug, mix the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Put the dry ingredients, plus a pinch of salt, into a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Add the yogurty mix and melted butter, and quickly fold in with a spatula or metal spoon - don't overwork it. Spoon into the cases (they will be quite full) and bake for 18-20 mins or until golden, risen and springy to the touch. Cool for a few mins, then lift the cakes onto a wire rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze as soon as possible.
- Chocolate frosting: Melt the chocolate in the microwave on High for 1 1/2 mins, stirring halfway. Leave to cool. Beat the butter and icing sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in the chocolate. Cover and chill for up to one month. Up to 48 hrs before serving (or the day before if it's really hot), bring back to room temperature, then spread over the cakes. Put the chocolate buttons on. Keep cool, out of direct sunlight.
Kids’ cakes recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has natural yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, ground almond, unsalted butter, chocolate, unsalted butter and icing sugar.