- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 426
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Sodium Content: 1.68g
Deli pasta salad
- farfalle - 300g farfalle (pasta bows)
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen peas
- tomato - 1 large tomato
- sundried-tomato - 10 sundried tomatoes in oil
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- basil-leaf - large handful fresh basil leaves
- prosciutto - 85g pack prosciutto or salami
- COOK THE PASTA: Boil the pasta in salted water for 8 minutes then add the peas, return the water to the boil and cook for 2 minutes more until the pasta and peas are tender. Tip into a colander over the sink, cool the pasta and peas under the cold tap then drain really well.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: While the pasta is boiling roughly chop the tomato and put in a food processor with half the sun-dried tomatoes, the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and about 8 basil leaves. Season with plenty of salt and freshly ground pepper then whizz until smooth. Tip into a large salad bowl.
- TOSS AND SERVE: Add the pasta and peas to the dressing, roughly slice the rest of the sun-dried tomatoes and add to the pasta with the remaining basil leaves. Tear in the prosciutto or salami and toss everything together. Pile into bowls and, if possible, eat outside.
Lunchbox recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has farfalle, frozen pea, tomato, sundried tomato, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic clove, basil leaf and prosciutto.