- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 229
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- golden-caster-sugar - 140g golden caster sugar, plus 200g extra for dusting
- plain-flour - 200g plain flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- natural-yogurt - 100ml natural yogurt
- egg - 2 large eggs, beaten
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- butter - 140g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- raspberry-jam - 12 tsp seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin (or use a silicone one). Put 140g sugar, flour and bicarb in a bowl and mix to combine. In a jug, whisk together the yogurt, eggs and vanilla. Tip the jug contents and melted butter into the dry ingredients and quickly fold with a metal spoon to combine.
- Divide two-thirds of the mixture between the muffin holes. Carefully add 1 tsp jam into the centre of each, then cover with the remaining mixture. Bake for 16-18 mins until risen, golden and springy to touch.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 5 mins before lifting out of the tin and rolling in the extra sugar.
Valentine’s baking recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 18 mins; recipe has golden caster sugar, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, natural yogurt, egg, vanilla extract, butter and raspberry jam.