- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 456
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 52g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Easy chicken & chickpea tagine
- skinless-boneless-chicken-thigh - 800g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into large chunks
- harissa - 1 tbsp harissa
- vegetable-oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely sliced
- ground-cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ground-cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- ground-turmeric - 1 tsp ground turmeric
- chicken-stock - 500ml chicken stock
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- raisins - 100g raisins
- chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- couscous - 250g couscous, to serve
- mint - small handful mint, leaves only, to serve
- Mix the chicken thighs with the harissa in a large bowl and chill, covered, for 20-30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or tagine dish and fry the chicken for 2-3 mins until browned. Remove from the dish and set aside.
- Fry the onion for 8-10 mins until soft, then stir in the spices. Return the chicken to the dish, together with the stock, tomatoes and raisins. Season, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 mins.
- Add the chickpeas to the dish, and simmer, uncovered, for 15 mins until the sauce reduces slightly and thickens. Serve with couscous and a handful of mint leaves on top.
Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has skinless boneless chicken thigh, harissa, vegetable oil, onion, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground turmeric, chicken stock, chopped tomato, raisins, chickpea, couscous and mint.Add to Favourites