- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 180
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.63g
Easy meatloaf recipe
- white-bread - 2 slices fresh white bread, crusts removed
- minced-pork - 500g pack minced pork
- onion - 1 onion, roughly chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- parsley - big handful of parsley
- oregano - 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano or 1 tsp dried
- parmesan - 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- prosciutto - 8 slices prosciutto
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Put bread in processor and blitz to make crumbs, then tip into a bowl with the pork.
- Tip the onion, garlic and herbs into the food processor and process until finely chopped. Add to the bowl with the parmesan and egg. Finely chop 2 slices of the prosciutto and add to the mix with some salt and pepper. Mix well with a fork or your hands.
- Use the rest of the prosciutto to line a 1.5 litre loaf tin. Spoon in the meatloaf mix and press down well. Flip the overhanging prosciutto over the top, then put the loaf tin into a roasting tray.
- Pour hot water from the kettle into the roasting tray to come halfway up the loaf tin and bake for 1 hr until loaf shrinks from the sides of tin.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then drain off any excess liquid and turn out onto a board. Cut into thick slices and serve warm or cold with salad.
Easy recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has white bread, minced pork, onion, garlic clove, parsley, oregano, parmesan, egg and prosciutto.