- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 241
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 2.03g
Easy noodle soup
- vegetable-stock - 500ml low salt vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- root-ginger - small piece fresh root ginger, grated
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, grated
- sugar - 2 tsp soy sauce and 2 tsp sugar
- chicken - 85g leftover cooked chicken, shredded
- vegetable - handful mixed vegetables (try beansprouts, sweetcorn, sliced carrot and mangetout)
- noodle - 150g pack straight-to-wok noodles (or use 85g/3oz dried, cooked according to pack instructions)
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, sliced, to serve
- lime - juice 1 lime
- Put stock, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and sugar in a saucepan, then heat. Simmer for 5 mins. Take off the heat, pour into a microwave-safe bowl, then cool. Throw in chicken and veg, cover, then chill for up to a day.
- When ready to eat, remove from fridge, then add the cooked noodles. Microwave on High for 2 mins, stir, then cook for 1 min more or until piping hot. Divide between two bowls or mugs, sprinkle with spring onions and add the lime juice.
Low-calorie lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 8 mins; recipe has vegetable stock, root ginger, garlic clove, sugar, chicken, vegetable, noodle, spring onion and lime.