- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 386
- Fat Content: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Sugar Content: 7.6g
- Fiber Content: 5.9g
- Protein Content: 42.6g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
Easy one-pot chicken casserole
- chicken-thigh - 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin pulled off and discarded
- oil - 1 tbsp oil
- spring-onion - 5 spring onions, sliced
- plain-flour - 2 tbsp plain flour
- chicken-stock-cube - 2 chicken stock cubes
- carrot - 2 large carrots, cut into batons (no need to peel)
- new-potato - 400g new potato, halved if large
- frozen-pea - 200g frozen peas
- mustard - 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- tarragon - small handful fresh soft herbs, like parsley, chives, dill or tarragon, chopped
- Put thekettleon. Fry 8 bone-in chicken thighs in 1 tbsp oil in acasserole dishor wide pan with a lid to quickly brown.
- Stir in the whites of 5 spring onions with 2 tbsp plain flour and 2 chicken stock cubes until the flour disappears, then gradually stir in 750ml hot water from the kettle.
- Throw in 2 large carrots, in batons and 400g new potatoes, bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Take off the lid and simmer for 15 mins more, then throw in 200g peas for another 5 mins.
- Season, stir in 1 tbsp grainy mustard, the green spring onion bits, a small handful of fresh soft herbs and some seasoning.
Casserole recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, oil, spring onion, plain flour, chicken stock cube, carrot, new potato, frozen pea, mustard and tarragon.