- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 543
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 32g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Easy pulled beef ragu
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- brisket - 1kg boneless beef brisket
- onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- garlic-cloves - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- carrot - 5 carrots, thickly sliced
- red-wine - 250ml red wine
- chopped-tomatoes - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- bay-leaves - 4 bay leaves
- pasta - 450g large pasta shapes (such as paccheri, rigate or rigatoni)
- basil-leaves - large handful basil leaves, to serve
- parmesan - grated parmesan, to serve
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a flameproof casserole dish and brown the beef all over. Take the beef out of the dish, add the remaining oil and gently cook the onions and garlic for 10 mins until softened.
- Add the browned beef back to the dish with the carrots, red wine, tomatoes, tomato puree and bay leaves. Cover with foil and a lid, and slowly cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hrs or until the meat falls apart. Check on it a couple of times, turning the beef over and giving it a good stir to make sure it's coated in the sauce.
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions, then drain. Shred the beef - it should just fall apart when you touch it with a fork - then spoon the beef and tomato sauce over the pasta. Scatter with basil and Parmesan before serving.
Freezable family recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, brisket, onion, garlic cloves, carrot, red wine, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, bay leaves, pasta, basil leaves and parmesan.