- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 40g
- Sugar Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
Egg-fried cauliflower rice with prawn cracker crumbs
- green-bean - 160g frozen green beans
- frozen-peas - 160g frozen peas
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- bacon-lardon - 50g bacon lardons
- onion - 1 onion, chopped
- carrot - 160g carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- large-egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- cauliflower-florets - 200g small cauliflower florets
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- chilli-sauce - 25ml sweet chilli sauce
- prawn-cracker - 20g prawn cracker
- Put the kettle on to boil. Put the beans and peas in a large sieve then pour over the boiled water to defrost them. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or wok. Add the bacon and fry for 2-3 mins. Add another 1 tsp oil and cook the onion and carrots for 1-2 mins until slightly softened, then push the veg and bacon to one side of the pan. Add the final 1 tsp oil, then pour in the egg, stirring constantly to scramble it.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Add the cauliflower and soy to the pan, and stir together. Add the green beans and peas, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins until hot through. Divide between two plates and serve with sweet chilli sauce for drizzling. Break the prawn crackers into rough crumbs. The crackers absorb moisture quickly so, to keep them crunchy, it's best to serve them in a dish on the side to sprinkle over the rice while eating.
Cheap eat recipe for 2 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has green bean, frozen peas, sunflower oil, bacon lardon, onion, carrot, large egg, cauliflower florets, soy sauce, chilli sauce and prawn cracker.