- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 411
- Fat Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
Egg & Puy lentil salad with tamari & watercress
- puy-lentils - 75g dried Puy lentils
- cauliflower-florets - 175g cauliflower florets, broken into smaller pieces
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil, plus a drizzle
- carrot - 1 large carrot, chopped into small pieces
- celery-stick - 2 celery sticks, chopped into small pieces
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- egg - 3 omega-3 enriched eggs
- tamari - 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- cherry-tomato - 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- watercress - 2 generous handfuls watercress, large stems removed
- If you want to activate the lentils (see tip below), do this the night, or up to 8 hrs, before eating. Pour water over them and leave to soak at room temperature. Drain and rinse.
- When ready to eat, heat oven to 220C/ 200C fan/gas 7. Toss the cauliflower with a drizzle of the oil, then roast for 20 mins on a parchment-lined baking tray until tender and tinged with gold round the edges.
- Meanwhile, put the drained lentils in a pan with the carrot and celery. Pour in water to cover, put on a lid and boil for 20 mins until the lentils are tender. Check before they are ready in case they are boiling dry and, if necessary, top up with a little more water.
- While they are cooking, finely grate the garlic and set aside in a large bowl. Boil the eggs for 6 mins, this will give you eggs with a soft yolk. When they are ready, plunge into cold water, then shell.
- Mix the tamari and oil into the garlic to make a dressing. Check the lentils and drain, if necessary, then toss in the bowl with the dressing, tomatoes, spring onions and watercress. Pile onto plates and top with the eggs, adding any remaining dressing from the bowl over the top.
High protein lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has puy lentils, cauliflower florets, rapeseed oil, carrot, celery stick, garlic clove, egg, tamari, cherry tomato, spring onion and watercress.