- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 387
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Egg & veggie pittas
- aubergine - 1 aubergine, cut into thick rounds
- olive-oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- harissa - 1 tbsp harissa
- egg - 2 eggs
- red-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- agave-nectar - 2 tsp agave nectar or golden caster sugar
- beetroot - 1 raw beetroot, grated
- carrot - 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- red-onion - 1/2 small red onion, very finely sliced
- greek-yogurt - 4 tbsp 0% fat Greek yogurt
- dill - 1 tbsp chopped dill
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pitta-bread - 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the aubergine slices on a baking sheet, season, brush with oil and bake for 15 mins. Turn, spread with the harissa, and bake for another 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, carefully lower the eggs into a pan of boiling water, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins. Run under cold water to cool, peel and put to one side.
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar and agave or sugar with some seasoning, then tip in the beetroot, carrot and onion. In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, dill, garlic and seasoning. Toast the pittas and split them in half. Slice the eggs and put them inside the pittas with the spicy aubergine rounds and some of the beetroot salad. Spoon in the yogurt and serve with any of the remaining aubergine, salad and yogurt on the side.
Healthy egg recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has aubergine, olive oil, harissa, egg, red wine vinegar, agave nectar, beetroot, carrot, red onion, greek yogurt, dill, garlic clove and pitta bread.