- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 260
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Egyptian egg salad
- egg - 2 large eggs
- lemon - 1 lemon, juiced
- tahini - 1 tbsp tahini
- rapeseed-oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 1 red onion, chopped
- garlic-clove - 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- cumin-seeds - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- fava-beans - 400g can borlotti or fava beans, juice reserved
- little-gem-lettuce - 2 Little Gem lettuces cut into wedges
- tomato - 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- dried-chilli-flakes - sprinkling of dried chilli flakes and roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, optional
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, lower in the eggs and boil for 8 mins. Drain and run under the cold tap to cool them a little, then peel and halve. Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp lemon juice and 3 tbsp water with the tahini to make a dressing.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic for 5 mins to soften them. Add the ground cumin and seeds, stir briefly then add the beans and lightly crush some of them as you heat them, adding some of the juice from the can to get a nice creamy consistency but keeping whole beans, too. Taste and add lemon juice and just a little seasoning if you need to.
- Spoon the beans on to plates with the lettuce, then add the eggs and tomatoes, with the tahini dressing, chilli and parsley, if using.
High protein lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has egg, lemon, tahini, rapeseed oil, red onion, garlic clove, cumin, cumin seeds, fava beans, little gem lettuce, tomato and dried chilli flakes.