- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 355
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.81g
Fast-fix fried rice
- oil - 2 tsp oil
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- bacon - 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- mushroom - 175g mushrooms, sliced
- pea - 200g frozen peas
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- root-ginger - small knob of fresh root ginger, grated
- soy-sauce - 2 tsp dark soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- basmati-rice - 250g cooked basmati rice
- Heat the oil in afrying pan, then tip in the egg. Leave to set for 30 secs-1 min, swirling every now and again, then tip it out and finely slice. Add bacon and mushrooms to pan, then fry until golden, about 3 mins. Add peas, garlic and ginger, then cook for 1 min.
- Mix the soy sauce and sugar together. Turn up the heat, add the cooked rice to the pan, heat through, then splash in the sweet soy sauce. Stir through the egg and serve straight away, with more soy sauce if you like.
Leftovers recipe for 2 people, takes only 7 mins; recipe has oil, egg, bacon, mushroom, pea, garlic clove, root ginger, soy sauce, sugar and basmati rice.