- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 478
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.66g
- self-raising-flour - 175g self-raising flour
- porridge-oat - 50g porridge oats
- muscovado-sugar - 140g light muscovado sugar
- ground-cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- buttermilk - 150ml 1/4 pint buttermilk
- vanilla - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- sunflower-oil - 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- prune - 175g stoned prune, chopped
- pecan - 85g pecans
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Butter 6-8 muffin tins or line them with muffin cases. Put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl, then rub everything through your fingers, as if making pastry, to ensure the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Beat the egg, then stir in the buttermilk, vanilla and oil. Lightly stir the egg mix into the flour.
- Fold the prunes and nuts into the mixture.
- Divide between the tins, filling the cases to the brim, then bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold.
Muffin recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, porridge oat, muscovado sugar, ground cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, egg, buttermilk, vanilla, sunflower oil, prune and pecan.