- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 432
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- potato - 225g medium-sized potato, very thinly sliced
- fennel-bulb - 1 small fennel bulb, sliced, fronds reserved
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- whole-milk - 75ml whole milk
- double-cream - 100ml double cream
- butter - butter, for ramekins
- parmesan - 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put potatoes, fennel, and garlic in a medium non-stick pan. Pour in milk and double cream, season well and simmer gently, covered, for 10 mins, stirring halfway through, until potatoes are just tender.
- Divide the mixture between 2 small (about 150ml) buttered ramekins and scatter with Parmesan. Bake for 40 mins until the potatoes are golden and tender when pierced with a knife. Snip the reserved fennel fronds over before serving.
French recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, fennel bulb, garlic clove, whole milk, double cream, butter and parmesan.