- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 477
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 69g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.12g
Fennel & lemon risotto
- fennel-bulb - 1 large fennel bulb, base trimmed
- butter - 1 tbsp butter, plus a knob
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- risotto-rice - 140g risotto rice
- white-wine - 175ml white wine
- vegetable-stock - 550ml hot vegetable stock
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- parmesan - 25g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated
- prawn - small handful cooked, peeled prawns per portion
- Chop any green leafy fennel fronds and set aside. Cut off the stalk-like fennel top, remove the outer layers and finely chop both. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic and chopped fennel until soft but not coloured.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 min. Pour over most of the wine and simmer until evaporated. Add 500ml of the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition until it is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, slice remaining fennel and fry in knob of butter until browned. Add remaining stock and wine and cook until tender.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in the zest, Parmesan and some seasoning. Take off the heat and set aside, covered, for 2 mins. Serve in bowls, topped with the fennel fronds and cooked fennel, stirring the prawns through if using.
Risotto recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has fennel bulb, butter, onion, garlic clove, risotto rice, white wine, vegetable stock, lemon, parmesan and prawn.Add to Favourites