- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 321
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for serving
- fennel-seeds - 1 tsp fennel seeds
- garlic-clove - 2 small garlic cloves, 1 crushed, 1 thinly sliced
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced, fronds reserved
- spaghetti - 150g spaghetti
- flat-leaf-parsley - 1/2 pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- parmesan - shaved parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in afrying panover a medium heat and cook the fennel seeds until they pop. Sizzle the garlic for 1 min, then add the lemon zest and half the fennel slices. Cook for 10-12 mins or until the fennel has softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 1 min less than pack instructions. Use tongs to transfer the pasta to the frying pan along with a good splash of pasta water. Increase the heat to high and toss well. Stir through the remaining fennel slices, the parsley and lemon juice, season generously, then tip straight into two bowls to serve. Top with the fennel fronds, extra olive oil and parmesan shavings, if you like.
Healthy pasta recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, fennel seeds, garlic clove, lemon, fennel bulb, spaghetti, flat-leaf parsley and parmesan.