- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 548
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 46g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Festive frozen chocolate parfait
- cranberries - 100g dried cranberries
- raisins - 150g raisins or sultanas
- brandy - 50ml brandy
- dark-chocolate - 150g dark chocolate
- egg-yolks - 8 egg yolks
- golden-caster-sugar - 250g golden caster sugar
- honey - 100g honey
- butter - 100g butter
- cocoa - 100g cocoa
- double-cream - 300ml double cream
- ginger-nuts - 100g ginger nuts, crumbled
- creme-fraiche - creme fraiche, to serve (optional)
- Put all the dried fruit in a bowl and pour over the brandy. Leave to soak while you line a 900g loaf tin with cling film.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, then set aside to cool a little.Whiskthe egg yolks with the sugar and honey in a separate bowl until light, then fold into the melted chocolate. Place the mixture back over the pan of hot water and whisk for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Melt the butter with the cocoa in a pan, leave to cool to room temperature, then whisk into the chocolate mixture. Whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold that into the chocolate too. Finally, fold in the fruit and the ginger nuts. Scrape everything into the prepared loaf tin, then freeze overnight, or for up to one month. To serve, turn out of the tin and cut into slices using a hot knife. The parfait is delicious on its own but also works well with a spoonful of creme fraiche.
Christmas chocolate recipe for 12 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cranberries, raisins, brandy, dark chocolate, egg yolks, golden caster sugar, honey, butter, cocoa, double cream, ginger nuts and crème fraîche.