- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 12 - 15
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 93
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
Festive red salad
- red-cabbage - 1 red cabbage - about 650g
- red-onion - 2 small red onions, diced
- apple - 2 red apples, cored and diced
- beetroot - 250g pack cooked beetroot, diced
- walnut-piece - 50g walnut piece, roughly chopped
- orange - 2 large oranges
- red-wine-vinegar - 5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- redcurrant-jelly - 3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- clear-honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Quarter the cabbage, then cut out the white core at the bottom and discard. Finely shred the cabbage and tip into a large mixing bowl with the onions, apples, beetroot and walnuts. Finely grate over the zest from the oranges.
- Cut a little from the top and bottom of each orange, so they sit flat on your work surface. Use a small, serrated knife to cut away the peel and pith in strips down the orange. Holding each orange over a bowl, cut away the segments, letting them and any juice drop into the bowl. Squeeze any juice left in the membranes into the bowl, too. Fish out the segments, roughly chop and add to the salad.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, honey and oil into the orange juice with some seasoning, then stir into the salad.Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Healthy Christmas side dish recipe for 12 – 15 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red cabbage, red onion, apple, beetroot, walnut piece, orange, red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, clear honey and olive oil.