- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 422
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 51g
- Sugar Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Feta & kale loaded sweet potato
- sweet-potato - 2 sweet potatoes
- chickpeas - 210g can chickpeas, drained
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- red-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- feta - 30g feta, cut into small cubes
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- chilli-flakes - pinch chilli flakes
- kale - 100g kale
- pumpkin-seeds - 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- rocket - 80g bag rocket
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put them in a roasting tin and roast for 40 mins. Add the chickpeas to the tray, then roast for 10 mins more, until the potatoes are completely tender and the chickpeas have crisped a little.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion with the vinegar and a pinch of sugar and salt, and set aside to quick pickle. In another bowl, marinate the feta with the oil and chilli flakes.
- When the potatoes are nearly cooked, cook the kale in a pan with 50ml water for 3 mins until wilted, then season to taste. Halve the potatoes, divide between two plates and top each with the kale, chickpeas, red onion (reserving the vinegar), marinated feta and pumpkin seeds. Toss the rocket with the reserved vinegar, then serve on the side.
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 2 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has sweet potato, chickpeas, red onion, red wine vinegar, feta, extra virgin olive oil, chilli flakes, kale, pumpkin seeds and rocket.