- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 341
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
Fig & pancetta American stuffing
- butter - 75g butter, plus extra for greasing
- pancetta - 150g diced pancetta
- sausages - 150g Italian sausages, chopped
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- celery-stick - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- rosemary - 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- garlic-cloves - 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ciabatta - 150g ciabatta or sourdough bread, cut into small cubes
- egg - 2 eggs
- chicken-stock - 150ml chicken stock
- figs - 150g dried figs, roughly chopped
- parsley - 2 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- chestnut - 100g cooked whole chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 and grease a large baking tray. Fry the pancetta in a large, dry frying pan until crisp and golden, then transfer to a large bowl with a slotted spoon. In the same pan, fry the sausages until lightly browned, then add to bowl with the pancetta. Melt all the butter in the same pan and fry the onion, celery, rosemary and garlic for about 15 mins until very soft
- Meanwhile, put the cubes of bread on a baking tray and toast in the oven until pale golden. Cool, then blitz half the cubes in a food processor. Beat the eggs with the chicken stock.
- Add the figs, parsley and chestnuts to the pan with the onion mixture. Stir for a few mins, then transfer to the bowl with the pancetta and sausage. Add all the bread and a really generous sprinkling of seasoning. Using your hands, toss all the ingredients gently together, then add the egg and stock mixture.
- Divide the mixture into 16 balls and place on the prepared baking tray. Bake, covered with some greased foil, for 30 mins, then remove the foil and bake for another 10 mins until golden and crispy. Once you've taken the stuffing out of the oven, season again and serve.
Christmas stuffing recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, pancetta, sausages, onion, celery stick, rosemary, garlic cloves, ciabatta, egg, chicken stock, figs, parsley and chestnut.