- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Sugar Content: 48g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Fig & raspberry crumble cake
- butter - 100g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- golden-caster-sugar - 150g golden caster sugar
- large-egg - 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- plain-flour - 125g plain flour
- ground-almond - 75g ground almonds (preferably freshly ground)
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- natural-yogurt - 100g natural yogurt
- figs - 7 large figs
- raspberries - 175g raspberries
- flaked-almond - 30g flaked almonds
- creme-fraiche - creme fraiche, to serve
- flour - 50g flour
- butter - 25g cold butter, cut into cubes
- soft-light-brown-sugar - 35g soft light brown sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Grease and line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin. Make the crumble topping by rubbing the flour and butter together with your fingertips until you have a crumbly mixture. Stir in the sugar.
- For the cake, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the egg, a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Sift the flour and add the almonds and baking powder. Fold in 1 large tbsp of the flour mixture into the batter, then add the rest, alternating with the yogurt.
- Snip the stalks off the figs. Halve four of them and chop the rest. Stir the chopped figs and one-third of the raspberries into the batter, then scrape into the prepared tin. Lay the halved figs on top and sprinkle on half the remaining raspberries. Scatter on the crumble, then the rest of the raspberries, then the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean (check it after 1 hr). Leave in the tin for about 15 mins, then run a palette knife around the outside of the cake, carefully unclasp the surround, remove the base and the parchment, and slide the cake onto a serving plate. Serve with creme fraiche.
Easy cake recipe for 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has butter, golden caster sugar, large egg, vanilla extract, plain flour, ground almond, baking powder, natural yogurt, figs, raspberries, flaked almond, crème fraîche, flour, butter and soft light brown sugar.Add to Favourites