- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 566
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 67g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 0.98g
Fiorentina baked pasta
- pasta - 300g pasta (we used penne)
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- chestnut-mushroom - 500g chestnut mushroom, halved or quartered if large
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- cheese-sauce - 350g carton fresh spinach and cheese sauce (or make your own - see 'Try' below)
- parmesan - 50g vegetarian parmesan -style cheese, (Twineham Grange Italian-style cheese is a good one), grated
- Boil the pasta for 10 mins, drain, then tip back into the pan. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms, then cook over a high heat for 5 mins until lightly golden. Reduce the heat, add the garlic, then fry for another min until softened. Season and spoon into a large, shallow baking dish.
- Tip the spinach sauce and half the cheese into the pasta, then put back on the heat for a few mins until heated through. Season to taste, then spoon the pasta over the mushrooms in an even layer. Scatter the remaining cheese over the top and grill for about 5 mins until the cheese is golden and the sauce is bubbling.
Veggie pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pasta, olive oil, chestnut mushroom, garlic clove, cheese sauce and parmesan.