- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 428
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
Fish finger wraps with cheat’s tartare sauce
- olive-oil - 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- white-fish - 3 thick white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock (about 400g total)
- plain-flour - 50g plain flour
- panko - 100g panko or dried breadcrumbs
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested (reserve the juice for the tartare)
- dill - 1 small dill sprig, chopped (or use 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- large-egg - 1 large egg
- mayonnaise - 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- gherkin - 1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- caper - 1 tbsp finely chopped capers
- dill - 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- lemon-juice - 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- tortilla-wraps - 4 tortilla wraps
- cucumber - 1 cucumber, peeled into long ribbons
- romaine-lettuce - 1 romaine lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes - 4 ripe, juicy tomatoes, sliced
- lemon - 1 lemon, quartered
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and put in the oven to heat up. Slice each fish fillet into four or five thick fingers.
- Tip the flour into a bowl and season with black pepper. Crack the eggs into a second bowl and lightly beat with a fork. Tip the breadcrumbs, zest and dill into a third shallow bowl and mix together. Dip the fish into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fish fingers on the hot tray for 20 mins, turning once. While the fish fingers are baking, mix all the tartare sauce ingredients together and season to taste.
- Let everyone help themselves, starting with a dollop of tartare sauce on a wrap, followed by the crunchy fish and the salad. Finish with a squeeze of lemon.
Summer family recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, white fish, plain flour, panko, lemon, dill, large egg, mayonnaise, gherkin, caper, dill, lemon juice, tortilla wraps, cucumber, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and lemon.