- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 435
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Fish parcels with romesco sauce & veg
- white-fish - 2 firm white fish fillets (we used cod)
- lemon - 4 lemon slices
- thyme-sprig - 2 thyme sprigs
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- cauliflower - 1/2 cauliflower, cut into wedges
- spring-onion - 10 spring onions, ends trimmed, roots left intact
- sourdough-bread - 1 slice sourdough bread, torn into chunks
- red-chilli - 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- blanched-almond - 10 blanched almonds
- red-pepper - 2 ready-roasted red peppers, from a jar
- tomato - 1 tomato, peeled (see tip, below)
- sherry-vinegar - 1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put each fish fillet on a large piece of baking parchment and top each with a few slices of lemon and a sprig of thyme. Drizzle with 1 tsp of the oil and season. Fold over the top edges of each piece of parchment to make a seal, then scrunch up the ends like a sweet wrapper. Put the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in oven for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, steam the cauliflower for 4 mins, then add the spring onions for 3 mins more or until tender. Pat dry, then toss the veg in 2 tsp olive oil and season. In a large frying pan, toast the bread pieces in the remaining oil, then add the chilli and garlic, and cook for 1 min. Tip into a food processor with the nuts, peppers, tomato and vinegar, and pulse until you have a rough paste. Season and put to one side.
- Wipe then heat the frying pan. Add the cauliflower wedges and spring onions, and cook for a few mins each side to brown. Serve alongside the fish and sauce.
Healthy Mediterranean recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has white fish, lemon, thyme sprig, olive oil, cauliflower, spring onion, sourdough bread, red chilli, garlic clove, blanched almond, red pepper, tomato and sherry vinegar.