- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 359
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 45g
- Sodium Content: 1.34g
Fish pie with swede & potato topping
- potato - 500g floury potato, cut into chunks
- swede - 1 medium swede (weighing about 600g/1lb 5oz), cut into chunks
- soft-cheese - 200g tub low-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- vegetable-stock - 150ml vegetable stock
- cornflour - 4 tsp cornflour, blended with 2 tbsp cold water
- cod - 650g skinless, boneless cod, cut into large chunks
- prawn - 100g cooked peeled prawn
- parsley - 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the potatoes and swede in boiling water until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/fan 170C.While the potatoes and swede cook, put the soft cheese and stock into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring with a wooden spoon, until blended and smooth. Now add the blended cornflour and cook until thick.
- Stir the fish into the sauce with the prawns and parsley. Season with some pepper.
- Tip the mixture into a 1.5 litre/2 3/4 pint baking dish. Drain the potatoes and swede, mash them well and season with black pepper. Spoon the mash over the fish to cover it completely. Bake for 25-30 minutes until piping hot, then transfer to a hot grill for a few minutes to brown the top. Serve with frozen peas or sweetcorn.
Healthy dinner party recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has potato, swede, soft cheese, vegetable stock, cornflour, cod, prawn and parsley.Add to Favourites