- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 827
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 140g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 3.4g
Florentine dairy-free pizza
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- chopped-tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- spinach - 400g frozen spinach, defrosted
- pepper - toppings of your choice- anchovies, olives, capers, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, grilled peppers
- egg - 2 eggs
- basil-leaf - small handful basil leaves
- rocket - 2 handfuls rocket
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- white-flour - 350g strong white flour
- fast-action-dried-yeast - 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- semolina - 1 tbsp coarse or fine semolina
- To make the base, tip the flour into the bowl of a table-top mixer (or food processor with a dough attachment). Add 1 tsp salt to one side of the bowl and the yeast to the other. Add 275ml lukewarm water and mix on slow until a sticky dough forms. Turn up the mixer for 5-6 mins until an indent pushed into the dough pops out quickly. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, then cover and leave in a warm place to prove until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and sizzle the garlic for a few secs, then tip in the tomatoes, season and simmer for 5 mins until the sauce has thickened.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Knead the dough for a few mins, then halve and roll each half as thinly as possible. Lay each base on a baking sheet dusted with the semolina. Divide the tomato sauce between the pizzas, spreading almost to the edge. Dot over the spinach, add your toppings and drizzle with a little oil. Cook for 5 mins, then crack an egg onto each pizza. Swap the baking sheets, then cook for 10 mins more or until bases are cooked through. Drizzle the basil and rocket with a drop of oil and the lemon juice. Scatter over the pizza before eating.
Dairy-free dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove, chopped tomato, spinach, pepper, egg, basil leaf, rocket, lemon, white flour, fast-action dried yeast and semolina.