- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 251
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 43g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- pancetta - 8 slices pancetta, to serve (optional)
- sunflower-oil - sunflower oil and butter, for cooking
- blueberry - blueberries, to serve (optional)
- self-raising-flour - 300g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- caster-sugar - 1 tbsp caster sugar
- egg - 2 medium eggs
- maple-syrup - 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- milk - 300ml milk
- If serving with pancetta, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and lay on the pancetta in a single layer. Put another piece of parchment on top, followed by a second baking tray, and bake for 12-15 mins until crisp.
- To make the pancakes, get a little helper to weigh out and tip the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl with a small pinch of salt. Crack in the eggs and whisk until smooth. Add the maple syrup and milk while whisking.
- Heat a splash of oil and a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying pan until sizzling. Add spoonfuls of batter to make pancakes the size you like. Cook until bubbles start to form on the surface, then flip and cook the other side. Eat straight away or keep warm in a low oven while you cook another batch. Serve pancakes with pancetta or blueberries, drizzled with extra maple syrup.
American recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has pancetta, sunflower oil, blueberry, self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar, egg, maple syrup and milk.