- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 635
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23g
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Sugar Content: 44g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.52g
Foolproof chocolate & coffee fondants
- butter - 175g butter, plus extra melted butter for greasing
- cocoa-powder - cocoa powder, for dusting
- dark-chocolate - 175g good-quality dark chocolate (we used 70%)
- golden-caster-sugar - 200g golden caster sugar
- egg - 4 eggs
- coffee - 50ml good-quality black coffee (we used espresso coffee)
- plain-flour - 85g plain flour
- ice-cream - vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Use a pastry brush to grease 6 dariole moulds or individual pudding basins really well and place in the fridge for the butter to set. Then grease again, dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a pan of barely simmering water, then remove. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Fold the chocolate and beaten egg together, then add the coffee and finally fold through the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the darioles. The puddings can now be frozen or chilled. Place on a baking tray and bake for exactly 12 mins until the mixture has puffed up and formed a crust but still has a slight wobble to it. Turn the puddings out onto serving plates and serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream for a great contrast of hot and cold.
Coffee recipe for 6 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has butter, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, golden caster sugar, egg, coffee, plain flour and ice cream.