- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 570
- Fat Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Sugar Content: 36g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
French toast stuffed with banana & maple syrup
- banana - 2 large ripe bananas
- maple-syrup - 1 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- egg - 2 eggs
- milk - 50ml milk
- double-cream - 50ml double cream
- vanilla-extract - drop of vanilla extract
- caster-sugar - 50g caster sugar
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- nutmeg - pinch of nutmeg
- brioche - 1 large brioche loaf, cut into 4 x 2in slices
- butter - 100g butter
- yogurt - vanilla yogurt, to serve
- Peel and slice the bananas, mash with the maple syrup and set aside. Place the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a wide, shallow bowl and whisk to combine.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Using a sharp knife, slice open each slice of brioche from the top to form a pocket, leaving at least 1cm around the edges. Stuff the pockets with the banana mix. Soak the stuffed brioche in the egg mix for 30 secs on each side.
- In a large non-stick pan, melt half the butter. When sizzling, place the brioche in the pan and fry for 2 mins each side until golden. You may have to do this in batches. Transfer to the oven to warm through for 5 mins. Serve drizzled with extra maple syrup and a spoonful of vanilla yogurt.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has banana, maple syrup, egg, milk, double cream, vanilla extract, caster sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, brioche, butter and yogurt.