- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 259
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.07g
Fruit & nut chocolate chequers
- white-chocolate - 150g white chocolate
- raspberry - 1 tbsp dried raspberry flakes
- almond - 8 toasted almonds, halved
- pecan - 8 pecan halves
- cocoa - 8 pinches cocoa, for dusting
- dark-chocolate - 150g dark chocolate
- candied-peel - 1 tbsp candied peel
- cranberry - 1 tbsp dried cranberries or raisins
- cashew - 8 sugared cashews
- Roughly chop the chocolate on chopping boards with a large sharp knife - chopping rather than breaking it into squares will help it to melt nice and quickly. Get someone to help if necessary. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Put 2 heatproof mixing bowls over pans half-filled with water - make sure that the base of the bowls doesn't touch the water. Add the chocolate, then leave to melt over a gentle heat. Once it starts to melt round the edges of the bowl, stir gently just once or twice, then leave to melt again. Remove from the heat.
- Take care, as the bowls will be hot. Using a teaspoon, spoon the melted chocolates onto the paper in round shapes as evenly sized as possible - you need 16 of each type of chocolate. Leave a teaspoon of the white chocolate in the basin for later.
- To decorate the white chocolates, chop the raspberry flakes, then scatter on half the rounds and top with 2 almond halves. Put a pecan on the rest, then swirl over a little of the chocolate left in the bowl. Sprinkle with cocoa.
- To make the dark chocolates, scatter half the rounds with the candied peel and the other half with the chopped cranberries and sugared cashews. Or try a combination of them all.
- Leave the chocolates to set and harden for about 3 hours (the dark chocolate will set before the white), then pack carefully into a box. They will keep for a week.
Edible gift recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has white chocolate, raspberry, almond, pecan, cocoa, dark chocolate, candied peel, cranberry and cashew.