- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 532
- Fat Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Sugar Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- puff-pastry - 1 ready-made 320g puff pastry sheet
- plain-flour - 1 tbsp plain flour
- vegetable-oil - 1 tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
- sultana - 2 tbsp sultanas
- apple - 2 eating apples
- pear - 2 pears
- clear-honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- apricot-jam - 3 tbsp apricot jam
- mixed-spice - pinch of mixed spice
- cinnamon - pinch of cinnamon
- egg - 1 egg
- creme-fraiche - creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface into a large rectangle. Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray.
- Put the sultanas in a small mixing bowl with just enough warm water to cover them, and soak for 10 mins.
- Core the apples and pears and slice them into even-sized pieces - you don't need to peel them. Put the pieces in a bowl and add the honey and 2 tbsp apricot jam. Drain the soaked sultanas and add them to the mixture. Stir well and add the mixed spice and cinnamon to taste.
- Spoon the mixture in a thick strip down the centre of the puff pastry. Use a sharp knife to make roughly 8 diagonal cuts down each side of the pastry like a lattice. Fold the pastry strips alternately across the filling like a plait.
- Crack the egg into a bowl, whisk with a fork and, using a pastry brush, glaze the top of the puff pastry.
- Place the plait in the oven and bake for 25-30 mins or until the apples are soft and the pastry is golden brown. Serve with creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Easy pudding recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has puff pastry, plain flour, vegetable oil, sultana, apple, pear, clear honey, apricot jam, mixed spice, cinnamon, egg and crème fraîche.Add to Favourites