- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 339
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- vegetable-oil - 175ml vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- dark-muscovado-sugar - 175g dark muscovado sugar
- large-egg - 3 large eggs
- banana - 1 small ripe banana, mashed
- apple - 140g grated eating apple
- carrot - 100g grated carrot
- mango - 1 small mango, peeled and cut into small dice
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- self-raising-flour - 250g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- mixed-spice - 1 tsp mixed spice
- icing-sugar - 225g icing sugar, sieved
- lemon-curd - 75g passion fruit or lemon curd
- cream-cheese - 75g cream cheese
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 22cm square tin with baking parchment. Whisk the oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the banana. Stir through the apples, carrots, mango and lemon zest. Combine the flour, bicarb and mixed spice in another bowl, then fold into the fruit mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 40 mins, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a wire rack.
- To make the icing, beat together the icing sugar, passion fruit or lemon curd and the cream cheese. Spread over the top of the cake and cut into square pieces to serve.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, dark muscovado sugar, large egg, banana, apple, carrot, mango, lemon, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice, icing sugar, lemon curd and cream cheese.