- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 436
- Fat Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 59g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Garlicky mushroom penne
- chickpeas - 210g can chickpeas, no need to drain
- lemon-juice - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- garlic-clove - 1 large garlic clove
- vegetable-bouillon - 1 tsp vegetable bouillon
- tahini - 2 tsp tahini
- ground-coriander - 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- penne - 115g wholemeal penne
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- red-onion - 2 red onions, halved and sliced
- mushrooms - 200g closed cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, juiced
- parsley - generous handful chopped parsley
- To make the hummus, tip a 210g can chickpeas with the liquid into a bowl and add 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 large garlic clove, 1 tsp vegetable bouillon, 2 tsp tahini and 1/4 tsp ground coriander.
- Blitz to a wet paste with ahand blender, still retaining some texture from the chickpeas.
- Cook 115g wholemeal penne pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp rapeseed oil in a non-stick wok or large frying pan and add 2 halved and sliced red onions and 200g roughly chopped closed cup mushrooms, stirring frequently until softened and starting to caramelise.
- Toss together lightly, squeeze over the juice of 1/2 a lemon and serve, adding a dash of water to loosen the mixture a little if needed. Scatter with a generous handful of chopped parsley.
Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic clove, vegetable bouillon, tahini, ground coriander, penne, rapeseed oil, red onion, mushrooms, lemon and parsley.Add to Favourites