- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 691
- Fat Content: 52g
- Saturated Fat Content: 25g
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 2.4g
German-style cheese & bacon pancakes
- smoked-bacon - 200g pack diced smoked bacon lardons
- creme-fraiche - 200ml creme fraiche
- ground-nutmeg - pinch of ground nutmeg
- caraway-seed - 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- pancake - 8 pre-made large pancakes
- shallots - 2 shallots, finely sliced
- gruyere - 50g finely grated gruyere
- cucumber - 1 whole cucumber, peeled, halved and sliced
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- dill - 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Heat grill to high and put the bacon lardons on a baking tray. Grill for around 10 mins until crisp, then set aside. Mix the creme fraiche with the nutmeg and caraway seeds (if using) and season.
- Working in batches, place a pancake on a non-stick baking sheet, divide the creme fraiche mixture between the 4 pancakes, then top each pancake with the lardons, shallots and cheese.
- Put the pancakes under the grill for 2-3 mins (you will need to do this in batches again) or until the cheese is golden and bubbling. While they cook, mix the cucumber with the vinegar and dill, season, then serve alongside the pancakes.
Quick and easy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has smoked bacon, crème fraîche, ground nutmeg, caraway seed, pancake, shallots, gruyère, cucumber, white wine vinegar and dill.