- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 755
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 125g
- Sugar Content: 84g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 1.36g
Ginger & pear bread & butter pudding
- Spread the bread with the butter, then the preserve. Cut each slice into 4 triangles. Arrange half the bread in the base of a 300ml microwave dish. Scatter over the pear and top with the remaining bread triangles.
- Beat together the egg, half the sugar and the milk. Pour over the bread and leave to soak for 10 mins, pushing the bread down to soak up the milk mixture.
- Cook the pudding in the microwave on High for 4 mins, then leave to stand for 5 mins. Cook on High for 1 min.
- Heat the grill. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar, then cook under a hot grill until the top is bubbling and golden. Serve the pudding warm.
Quick recipe for 1 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has slices day-old white bread, softened butter, ginger preserve, pear, medium egg, demerara sugar and milk.