- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 111
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- self-raising-flour - 150g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- ground-ginger - 1 tsp ground ginger
- cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- golden-caster-sugar - 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- maple-syrup - 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- full-fat-milk - 200ml full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- date - 100g pitted dates, chopped, to serve
- creme-fraiche - 100ml creme fraiche, to serve
- Put the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Combine the egg, maple syrup and milk in a jug. Gradually add to the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth, silky batter forms.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and ladle 2-3 small rounds into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 1 min until fluffy. Do this in batches until you have 10 pancakes.
- Serve in a stack, with extra maple syrup, a blob of creme fraiche and dates scattered over.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, golden caster sugar, egg, maple syrup, full-fat milk, vegetable oil, date and crème fraîche.