- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 225
- Fat Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.36g
Gingery shiitake noodles
- egg-noodle - 375g pack medium dried egg noodle
- sesame-oil - couple dashes toasted sesame oil
- groundnut-oil - 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- ginger - finger-length piece fresh root ginger, grated
- shiitake-mushroom - 300g fresh shiitake mushroom, sliced
- spring-onion - 8 spring onions, cut into thirds, then thinly sliced into lengthways strips
- oyster-sauce - 2 tbsp good-quality oyster sauce
- soy-sauce - 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to pack instructions, then toss with a little sesame oil to stop them sticking.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the groundnut oil. Once it's smoking, add the ginger, stir-fry for a couple of secs, then add the mushrooms with a splash of water to create steam, and cook for 1 min. Toss through the cooked noodles for 2 mins until hot, then add the spring onions, oyster and soy sauces, and a dash more sesame oil.
Immune-friendly recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has egg noodle, sesame oil, groundnut oil, ginger, shiitake mushroom, spring onion, oyster sauce and soy sauce.