- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 515
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Sugar Content: 37g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.34g
- butter - 250g unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for the tin
- dark-chocolate - 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- large-eggs - 4 large eggs
- golden-caster-sugar - 300g golden caster sugar
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- gluten-free-plain-flour - 100g gluten-free plain flour, sieved
- cocoa-powder - 60g cocoa powder
- sea-salt - 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- milk-chocolate - 150g milk chocolate, roughly cut into chunks
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 30 x 20cm non-stick tin with butter and line the base with non-stick baking parchment.
- Fill a small saucepan a third full with water, bring to a simmer and put a snug-fitting heatproof bowl on top of it. Add the butter and chocolate and gently melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let it catch and burn on the bottom. Remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together using an electric whisk for 8-10 mins or until thick enough to leave a trail. Gently fold through the cooled melted chocolate and vanilla, followed by the flour, cocoa and salt. Finally, fold through the chocolate chunks. Pour the brownie batter into the lined tin, place in the centre of the oven and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Leave to cool a little in the tin before cutting into 12 squares.
Gluten-free recipe for 12 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, dark chocolate, large eggs, golden caster sugar, vanilla extract, gluten-free plain flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and milk chocolate.