- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 502
- Fat Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 21g
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Sodium Content: 0.08g
Goat’s cheese, potato & onion tart
- shortcrust-pastry - 250g pack shortcrust pastry, fresh or frozen
- butter - 25g butter
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 2 onions, sliced
- potato - 1 medium potato, peeled and sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- thyme-leaf - 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaf
- goat's-cheese - 140g goat's cheese, broken into pieces
- egg - 3 eggs
- creme-fraiche - 200g carton creme fraiche, half fat is fine
- rocket - 100g bag rocket to serve, optional
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Roll out the pastry so it is large enough to fit a deep 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin, then line the tin with the pastry. Chill for 30 mins. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 mins. Remove the paper and beans and return the tin to the oven for 5 mins until golden, then remove and set aside. Reduce oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and potato and cook over a very gentle heat for 10-15 mins, turning occasionally, until golden and tender. Season if you want to, then add the garlic and thyme leaves, and cook for a further 3 mins. Tip into the pastry case along with the goat's cheese and spread out evenly.
- Whisk the eggs and creme fraiche together, season if you want to, then pour into the pastry case and bake for 30-35 mins until lightly golden brown and just set in the centre. Serve warm, with rocket leaves scattered over if using.
Quiche recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has shortcrust pastry, butter, olive oil, onion, potato, garlic clove, thyme leaf, goat’s cheese, egg, crème fraîche and rocket.