- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 555
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 1g
Greek lamb meatballs
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- lamb-meatballs - 500g lamb meatballs
- baby-new-potatoes - 300g baby new potatoes, thickly sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- chargrilled-vegetables - 185g chargrilled vegetables, drained if in oil
- tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- light-brown-soft-sugar - 2 tsp light brown soft sugar
- olive - 100g black olives
- feta - 40g feta, crumbled
- mint - 1/2 small bunch mint, finely shredded
- lemon - 1 lemon, zested
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large shallow flameproofcasseroleorfrying panover a medium heat. Add the meatballs and fry for 5 mins or until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and fry the potatoes over a medium heat for 5 mins, or until they're starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 min. Stir through the chargrilled veg, tomatoes and sugar, as well as the olives. Season. Add the meatballs back to the pan, cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 30-35 mins, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid halfway through, the potatoes should be just cooked through with the liquid slightly reduced.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve at the table with the feta, mint and lemon zest scattered over.
Family meal recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has olive oil, lamb meatballs, baby new potatoes, garlic clove, chargrilled vegetables, tomato, light brown soft sugar, olive, feta, mint and lemon.