- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 611
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 64g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Green bean mac ’n’ cheese
- rapeseed-oil - 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- wholemeal-flour - 3 tbsp wholemeal flour
- milk - 500ml milk
- ground-nutmeg - 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- macaroni - 350g macaroni (or other pasta tubes)
- runner-bean - 185g pack sliced runner beans
- green-bean - 220g pack fine green beans
- mature-cheddar - 140g mature cheddar, half chopped, half grated
- pumpkin-seeds - 25g pumpkin seeds
- salad - peppery salad (such as rocket & watercress), to serve (optional)
- Put the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, add the flour and stir well. Still stirring, slowly pour in a little of the milk and mix well until smooth. Add a little more milk, repeating until all the milk has been added and you have a smooth sauce. Stir in the nutmeg, season, then take off the heat while you cook the pasta.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the macaroni and boil for 8 mins. Add the runner beans and green beans, and boil for a further 3 mins.
- Drain the pasta and the beans, and tip into a large gratin dish. Pour over the prepared sauce and tuck the chopped cheese in among the pasta, then top with the grated cheese and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the top is bubbling and golden. Serve with a peppery salad, if you like.
Veggie pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, wholemeal flour, milk, ground nutmeg, macaroni, runner bean, green bean, mature cheddar, pumpkin seeds and salad.