- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 174
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Green chowder with prawns
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- celery-stick - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove
- petit-pois - 300g petit pois
- kale - 200g pack sliced kale
- potatoes - 2 potatoes, finely chopped
- chicken-stock-cube - 1 low-salt chicken stock cube (we used Kallo)
- prawns - 100g cooked North Atlantic prawns
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5-6 mins until softened but not coloured. Add the garlic and cook for a further min. Stir in the petit pois, kale and potatoes, then add the stock cube and 750ml water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 mins until the potatoes are soft.
- Tip 3/4 of the mixture into a food processor and whizz until smooth. Add a little more water or stock if it's too thick. Pour the mixture back into the pan and add half the prawns.
- Divide between four bowls and spoon the remaining prawns on top.Can be frozen for up to a month. Add the prawns once defrosted.
Healthy spring recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, celery stick, garlic clove, petit pois, kale, potatoes, chicken stock cube and prawns.