- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6, with other dishes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 176
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1.26g
Green mango salad with prawns
- lime-juice - 2 tbsp lime juice
- red-chilli - 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- fish-sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- light-muscovado-sugar - 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- shallot - 3 shallots, finely sliced
- roasted-salted-peanut - 85g roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
- green-mango - 2 green mangoes or 3 Granny Smith apples
- mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- prawn - 200g pack raw shell-on headless prawn, peeled but with tail on (or, if you use ready peeled prawns, you need 175g/6oz)
- gem-lettuce - 2 little gem lettuces
- spring-onion - 2 spring onions, shredded
- Mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl. Add the shallots and three quarters of the peanuts and mix well. Cover and set aside for up to 4 hours.
- Peel and coarsely grate the mango or apple, and stir into the mixture along with the mint. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the prawns and stir fry quickly until evenly pink - about 2 minutes.
- Scatter the lettuce leaves on a serving plate and spoon the salad mixture in the centre. Surround with the prawns and scatter over the remaining peanuts and spring onions.
Healthy Thai recipe for 6, with other dishes people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lime juice, red chilli, fish sauce, light muscovado sugar, shallot, roasted salted peanut, green mango, mint, sunflower oil, prawn, gem lettuce and spring onion.