- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 509
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
Grilled courgette, bean & cheese quesadilla
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 4 tsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ground-cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- tomato-puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- pinto-bean - 400g can pinto bean, drained and rinsed
- courgette - 3 courgettes, sliced on the diagonal
- cheddar - 175g cheddar, grated
- green-chilli - 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- coriander - large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- tortilla - 8 flour tortillas
- Fry the onion in half the olive oil for about 5 mins or until soft. Stir through the garlic and cumin. Cook over a low heat for 1 min more. Add the tomato puree, pinto beans and a few tbsp of water. Heat through, then mash up with the back of a fork and season.
- Meanwhile, toss the courgette slices in the remaining oil with some seasoning. Place on a hot griddle pan and cook for a couple of mins each side until tender and grill marked. Place to one side.
- Mix the cheese, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Spread the bean puree over half of the tortillas. Lay over courgette slices and scatter with cheese mixture. Top with the remaining tortillas, pressing the two together. Cook in batches in the hot griddle pan, carefully turning, for about 1-2 mins each side or until the cheese has begun to melt and the tortillas are crisp. Serve in wedges.
Wrap recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has onion, olive oil, garlic clove, ground cumin, tomato purée, pinto bean, courgette, cheddar, green chilli, coriander and tortilla.