- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 200
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.61g
Grilled goat’s cheese with cranberry dressing
- apple - 2 red-skinned apples
- lemon-juice - 3 tbsp lemon juice
- goat's-cheese - 3 x 100g Capricorn goat's cheese, halved horizontally
- cranberry-jelly - 2 tbsp cranberry jelly
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- clear-honey - 1 tsp clear honey
- pecan - 25g pecan
- chicory - 2 chicory heads, separated into leaves
- radish-sprout - handful radish sprouts (available from larger supermarkets) or watercress
- Quarter, core, then thinly slice the apple into a bowl with the lemon juice and 1 tbsp water. Toss well, as this stops the apples going brown.
- Heat grill to high, then line your grill rack with foil. Put the cheeses rind-side down on the foil, then set aside for a moment.
- Drain 2 tbsp of the juice from the apple bowl into another small bowl and discard the rest. Add the cranberry sauce, oil and honey with some seasoning, and whisk to form a dressing. Grill the cheeses for 4 mins, then scatter the nuts on and around the cheeses and return to the grill to cook for a few mins more - but take care that the nuts don't burn.
- Arrange the apple, chicory and radish sprouts or watercress on 6 plates, then carefully top with the hot melted cheese. Scatter over the nuts, spoon over the dressing and serve straight away.
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has apple, lemon juice, goat’s cheese, cranberry jelly, olive oil, clear honey, pecan, chicory and radish sprout.