- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 729
- Fat Content: 56g
- Saturated Fat Content: 33g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 35g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Guinness chocolate puddings
- unsalted-butter - 150g unsalted butter, plus extra for the ramekins
- dark-chocolate - 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), roughly chopped
- golden-caster-sugar - 90g golden caster sugar
- large-eggs - 3 large eggs
- guinness - 90ml Guinness or other stout
- clotted-cream - clotted cream or thick double cream, to serve (optional)
- Butter four 9 x 5cm ramekins and set aside. Tip the butter, chocolate and a generous pinch of salt into a heatproof bowl. Set over a small pan of just-simmering water and stir until melted, then remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale, almost doubled in volume and thick enough to leave a trail when the beaters are lifted up. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and the Guinness. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins, then chill in the fridge for 1 hr. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and put a baking tray on the top shelf to heat up.
- Place the ramekins on the hot baking tray and bake for 18 mins. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for a minute, then serve with a dollop of cream, if you like.
Baking recipe for 4 people, takes only 18 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, dark chocolate, golden caster sugar, large eggs, guinness and clotted cream.